The Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra of Atlanta, Inc. (MYSO) is a non-profit [501(C)(3)] corporation registered in Georgia that serves the entire metropolitan Atlanta area and its surrounding communities.
MYSO was co-founded in 1989/90 in Gwinnett County by Dr. James Middleton and Mrs. Julia Waugh and was comprised of thirteen string musicians from two Gwinnett County schools. The debut concert was presented on May 5, 1991. The first concert to incorporate winds into the Symphony Orchestra was presented on May 3, 1992. In 1994 Mr. Dave Cady became President of the Board of Directors and Dr. Marilyn Seelman was appointed Music Director. In January 1995, MYSO expanded into a full orchestra. In 1997 MYSO was deeply saddened by the untimely death of Mr. Cady, and created the Dave Cady Memorial Scholarship Fund in his honor.
In 2014, after over 20 years of service, Dr. Marilyn Seelman retired as Music Director of MYSO. After an extensive search that included applicants from over three continents, the Board of Directors unanimously voted on the hiring of the current Music Director, Christopher Thibdeau. 2014/15 marked Mr. Thibdeau’s first year with MYSO and the organization’s 25th season.
Wiz Khalifa Rolling papers download
System Of A Down Prison Song descargar mp3
Will.I.Am and Britney Spears Scream Shout
Hector Lavoe Mi Gente mp3
Performances in MYSO’s history include:
- Georgia Music Educator’s Conference in Savannah
- 51st Annual Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago
- Spivey Hall
- Piccolo Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC
- E*Trade Half-time Show of Super Bowl XXXIV
- 55th Anniversary of the United Nations
- Gala performances with Cecil Welch (lead trumpeter and soloist for Henry Mancini)
- Carnegie Hall
- Honolulu, Hawaii, Pearl Harbor Performance on D-Day
- Beijing, Nanjing and Shanghai China
- European Tour, including Budapest, Vienna and Prague
- Disney Entertainment, Millennium Orchestra
- Costa Rica